POLISHED POPE | STYLES
The New Year will be here in two days! Can you believe it? Seriously, where did the time go? I am so ecstatic for what 2017 has to bring. Annually around this time of year, I take some time out to evaluate and be grateful for the tasks that I have managed to accomplished. Also, I take time out to set goals for the upcoming year.
For 2016, I set in place very small yet personal goals that I would love to share with you.
1. Be Confident when making Decisions: “She does exactly what she wants and never second-guesses herself”. This year I went with my first mind and my heart on all decisions.
2. Take Care of Your Body: “I Love My Body Because It’s Strong For Me.” I listened to my body's request for specific foods, even if it was for my favorite ice-cream multiple times a week and did not feel guilty about it. I also listened to her if she wanted more rest even if I had to make a sacrifice for it later. This year I made a decision to take more vitamins and drink more water, simple stuff right? As mothers and in some cases fathers, we tend to always, and I mean always put ourselves on the back burner. We can not make the sacrifice of not taking better care of ourselves when we have loved ones who are dependent on us.
3. Obtain A Credit Card: “Why Not Have It All?” Getting real personal here but here goes! I made a goal to obtain a credit card to begin reestablishing my credit. My husband and I paid off my car this year (YAY!!!), so I do not have any other major lines of credit, except, of course, our girl Sallie! So I applied for a major credit card and was instantly approved for it, and then I applied for a credit card to one of my favorite stores. I thought that I wouldn't get approved for a store credit card when I applied but did. I am going to definitely make sure that I don't go overboard with that one lol!
4. Get More Involved with My Family: "Enjoy Every Moment". I made it a point this year to become more involved with my husband and my children. We can get so sidetracked with the hustle and bustle of our daily lives that we forget to really have those intimate human interactions with the people around us. That includes our family, our children, the waitress waiting our table while out to lunch, the clerk at the gas stations, and heck, even ourselves. I stressed to really be still and more attentive to my family time with my husband and children on a daily basis. Trust me, it is not as easy as it sounds. When you did not grow up with that intimacy displayed around you, it can be really intimidating to exhibit it. Don't laugh, but I actually I had to really 'Google' and keep a journal log of creative ways that I could be intimate with both my husband and my children. Whatever it takes, right?
5. Have Your Most Confident Year: “Live Your Dream Life!” I made a goal of turn 2015's biggest rejection into my biggest victory. In October 2015 I was granted 'Employee of the Month' after being with the company for two and a half years. Exactly a month later I was released from my employer for reasons still unknown. I was hurt for months because I'm a 'cause and effect' type of person. I needed to know the cause that warranted such an effect. That's the way that I make sense of anything in life and there was never any explanation as to what caused me to lose my job after being 99% dedicated to that company. It was heartbreaking, embarrassing, and extremely devastating. My husband nor I were neither in a position to lose one of our incomes at that time. With prayer, some strict budgeting, support of my wonderful husband, family, friends, and God we were able to bounce back stronger. This has been my most Confident Year of my Life thus far!
After evaluating previous goals set for this year and crushing and executing most of them, my husband and I are in the process of setting new ones for the upcoming year. We typically do this by creating a vision board. Vision boards help you to clarify and concentrate on specific goals by giving you a visual of a word or image. We collect images from magazines consisting of what we want to do, be, and have. In addition to being consistent with my previous goals, I want to add a few more for 2017.
Share with us some of your New Year's goals. Be specific, don’t be discouraged if things do not happen exactly how you’d imagined but expect that everything you want will come true. The law of attraction will amaze you and show you things in ways that you never even imagined!
To the completion of 2016,
and to another opportunity to
‘Do & Be Better’ in 2017!
See you right here next year!!!
Shirt: Grayson/Threads (DIY sequence)
Cardigan: GP Collections; Goodwill
Skirt: Leather Margaret Godfrey; Goodwill
Purse: Kate Spade
Shoes: Michael Kors
Watch: Michael Kors
Sunglasses: Old Navy
Photo Credit: 567imagery.
Wife, Mother of 👧🏾👦🏾🐶🐶. Influencer | Designer | Stylist | Foodie | Creative Director of Polished Pope Designs, LLC.